Fort Worth, Dallas, and San Antonio DWI Lawyer
Why should you listen to us?
- Before we get to Driving While Intoxicated facts and figures, let’s talk about how we know so much about DWI’s in Tarrant, Dallas, and Bexar County. Our firm has tried over X DWI, Intoxication Assault, and Intoxication cases to juries in Tarrant, Dallas, and Bexar County. We are experienced Texas DWI lawyers. Although 98% of DWI cases in Tarrant County are resolved through pleas, if we find a weakness in the case, we will leverage it for the best possible outcome on trial. Our partners have practiced law for many years and often have more experience than our opposing counsel– state prosecutors. Whether your case is one we take to trial, contest in a motion to suppress, or negotiate a favorable outcome, we will be informative and transparent every step of the way. Our firm and partners are always available by phone and email to provide the best straightforward and accountable process possible. You’ll find that from our first conversation to the last, we are uniquely understanding, up-front, and talented.
- At the bare minimum, a first-time DWI offense is a Class B misdemeanor. Under Chapter 49 of the Texas Penal Code, it is illegal to operate a vehicle with a blood alcohol content (BAC) of .08 percent or higher. For drivers of commercial vehicles, the legal limit is lowered to .04 percent. An underage driver (defined by Texas law as anyone under 21) can be charged with Driving with Intoxicated or Driving under the Influence for any amount of detectable alcohol. We have represented every type of these cases.
DWI Penalties in the State of Texas
If you or a loved one has been arrested for DWI, it is important that you contact a Texas DWI criminal defense attorney right away. We can fight for you to help you secure the best possible outcome for your DWI case.
- Penalties for a first-time DWI offense may include:
- Between 3 and 180 days in jail+
- Up to $2,000 in fines
- License suspension for up to 2 years
- Possible mandatory installation of an ignition interlock device
- Possible mandatory participation in a DWI education/prevention program